28.7.11

From Nature With Love ❥Ayurvedic Facial Scrub

Hesh Multani Matti Powder

I am a hound for anything that is natural and is going to work. I will usually spend hours of research looking for the best of the best products to use for myself, which I then to hope to pass on to you since I spend my time browsing the internet like yourself looking for products that are going to work and improve the quality of my skin.

Multani Matti Powder is also known as Fuller's Mud (earth) and has been used for ages to cleanse the skin by women all over India. It is mud from Multan, an area in Pakistan where the lime-rich clay was originally found. You basically just mix water into the powder to make a paste to apply to the skin and it is then applied to the face. 

There are many benefits to Multani Matti:
  • Great for clearing up blackheads and whiteheads; acne
  • Removes impurities of the skin while maintaining natural skin oils
  • Improving radiance of the skin
  • Promotes good circulation
  • Addresses minor infections
I usually use this as a scrub first massaging it into my face and then let it rest on my skin for about 10-15 minutes followed by a rinse. There are many recipes for these face packs. The most preferred method is the use rosewater and mix it with the powder, or use lemon juice if you have oily skin.

The result will be pink skin when you rinse but it will go away after some time. This is due to the increase in the blood circulation from the clay on your skin. With any product, please make sure to test for sensitivity before you use.

Hydrated aluminum silicate is the mineral ingredient in the earth behind the absorbent action, therefore the powder is not the best for dry skin but is excellent for oily skin, perspiration, oily hair and as a foot powder. You can use the same mask for your scalp and leave until it dries completely or you can use it in your shampoo. For feet, just mix the earth with talcum powder.

The end result is smooth skin that appears clear and radiant. With any product the more you use it, the more you will see the benefit from it. Your skin will become more fairer, and you will have a less frequency of blackheads and acne. The recommended frequency of use is once a week, otherwise you will only increase oil production and irritate the skin. 

I find this a breeze to use, I just put enough in my palm for a good sized mask and then apply. It has a nice earthy smell to it that I appreciate isn't doused in tons of perfumes. After that I usually forget it and then blog (hey!) or do some other task around the house and then it's time to rinse. Viola! A perfect facial every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...